SC - Potato salad - my mom's recipe OOP

Bronwynmgn@aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Aug 3 05:33:25 PDT 1999

In a message dated 8/3/99 12:41:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<< If I didn't know better, I'd think it a habit of Americans to use the
 term "goulash" as synonymous with "hash," a mixture of chopped-up stuff.
 What's the deal, folks? Any insights? >>

I had always thought of goulash as being the groundbeef, tomato sauce, onion
and macaroni thingy. That is how my parents made it and my gram before her.
We also made stroganoff the same way as you describe above, basically beef
stew with sour cream served over noodles, I still make both occasionally as
'comfort' food. Given my culinary background, I suspect that it is of
Pennsylvania Dutch origin.

Ras