SV: SC - Welcome Uta

Anna Jartin anna.jartin at goteborg.utfors.se
Tue Aug 3 17:18:31 PDT 1999

In a message dated 8/3/99 2:13:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jstaplet at du.edu
writes:

<< Okay--how about extra points for double quasi-ethnic modifiers? >>

The fact that we do this now adays in our corporate based world of big
business does not necessarily mean that an agricultural society 600 yrs ago
did the same thing. The turkey example is valid because turkeys, although New
World were according to several food historians most likely introduced to
Europe from the Mideast. So for purposes of trade, the tartar herb, although
it may have had an origin elsewhere, was most likely distributed from the
Tartar region. So I still think that the best bet would be to see if there is
a unique herb that was either indigenous to this part of the world or mainly
distributed from there.

Ras