SC - Pigs, or whatever, for Pennsic

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Thu Aug 5 08:52:08 PDT 1999

I love the naming threads. I find it fascinating to see how people develop their
personnas and names.

> I agree with both comments:  When I first started playing people seemed to be
> picking names that were in SCI-FI stuff (which I have never read) and/or picking
> names which no one could spell or pronounce.  I would meet someone and they would
> tell me their name is:  dsafjlk  sadld jdslaureoi jkln (example only).  Then when I
> would call them by their name they would never answer to it.

Well I'm mainly Swedish although I look more Irish and I was very interested in
Vikings
when I started. Being that my last name is Gunter and I'd been called that most of my
life I simply put that in its proper place at the front of my name and since my real
father's
name is John I put that at the end. Hence: Gunthar Jonsson. Passed first time.
Now nobody but co-workers and my mother call me Michael.

(A side note: when I got to the Barony I was going to live in there were tons of
Vikings
running around. So, being the contrary galoot I am, I stayed Swedish but became 14th
Cent.)

> Kristel became Amethyst Starr

Please forgive me but...ouch!

> Rayne      (who isn't sure what her own daughter's name is)

That's okay, I frequently forget my own.

Yers,

Gunthar Jonsson
Neither German nor Viking