SC - Pigs, or whatever, for Pennsic

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Thu Aug 5 09:33:53 PDT 1999

MR.Carlson,

  I am temped to turn your letter over to the head of the Historical society
of Edinburgh Scotland.  He can reply to you accusations.  Many academics
have already examined this manuscript.  Simply because I don't choose to
allow you to do so has no bearings, on the authenticity of the book or its
future use.  As I have no desire to sell it or publish it for mass
production, I don't see what concern of yours it is whether it is a "hoax"
or not, I have been assured that it is not.  However I do choose to share
some of these recipes with the SCA-Cooks list.  It is up to them whether
they decide to "publish" the individual recipes, or not.  They have shown
more interest in the book as a historical representation of cooking, rather
than your allude of inflated self interest.  This is a family on gong
project, not some historical oddity to be pored over and dissected,by
persons looking to discredit, thus proclaiming themselves yet another short
sighted expert.
   I will thank you for your time, and effort as I am sure it has caused you
some disappointment.  Please go back to what ever you find most interesting.
Patricia Fee  Lady Katherine Mc Guire