SC - Harpestreng-manuscript: Was: Re: Northern Foods

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Thu Aug 5 20:09:18 PDT 1999

Ras wrote:
>I think suggesting that any given conversation be halted because some of us
>are off on vacation is not a little presumptuous. A nice thought but
>presumptuous, ;-)

Maybe, but very understandable. I plan to gradually post the recipes to the
list and I´m fairly confident that some of them will generate some
discussion, and I would want anyone that is interested to be able to take
part. Like that venison marrow paté, for instance (and I will post it soon,
promise) - it is easy to translate but I´m not sure about the redaction.

So what I actually meant is that I´m not posting any more recipes or
translations just now, not that I won´t have any comments on the cookbook,
or don´t want to be asked any questions about it until after Pennsic. Quite
the reverse in fact - I´d be happy to discuss this.

For instance, according to the (correct) Danish version of the "Icelandic
chicken" recipe, this method was not only used for chicken, but for other
birds, fish and meat as well. Is this something people have been doing? Then
there´s their documentation for it. (I would like to try this with trout, or
a small salmon.)

Nanna