SC - Re: Comfort food

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Fri Aug 6 17:57:49 PDT 1999

- --- James Gilly / Alasdair mac Iain <alasdair.maciain at snet.net> wrote:

> >> Lima beans, especially frozen ones, are portents foretelling the
> coming
> >> of the Antichrist. Or maybe they're just the AC itself. I forget
> which.
> >>
> >I'm with you!  I rate lima beans as a non-food item.  My household
> >divides itself into branches over lima beans.
>
> Lima beans are great.  Brussels sprouts, on the other hand, are
> obviously
> an invention of the devil.

No, no, they are not an invention of the devil, they are merely
possessed -- to exorcise them, if they are young and small enough to be
save-able, cook with a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar, and you will
be totally surprised!  Once released from satanic servitude, they are
no longer bitter!

Then again, I have a friend who goes on to brown them lightly in bacon
fat and then top them with the crumpled bacon -- pure decadence!

- -- Harriet