SC - Local Girl Makes Good...

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Aug 6 21:25:27 PDT 1999

     Nanna said:
- ->To illustrate how little the Icelandic has changed, here is the last
sentence from the "Icelandic Chicken" recipe, first the original, then in
modern Icelandic:

>Sidan hylia þat med deigh ok baka sem braud i ofne.
>Síðan hylja það með deigi og baka sem brauð í ofni.

>(The Danish goes like this:  oc hyli thæt høns mæth degh. oc latæ bakæ i en
ogn swa sum brøth.)<

        WOW  way cool!!  Now,  could you possibly share the icelandic recipe
(in English)??
I hadn't ever heard of such a recipe, and  the way everyone raves about it,
I gotta try it out.  Either that or point  out which text (in English) it
may be in.

    Caointiarn  (realizing her cookbook collection is waaaaay too small)