SC - On a Tangential, OT Note - Was: Potato salad+pasta sala

Melcnewton melcnewton at pcis.net
Sun Aug 8 07:12:16 PDT 1999

> Spinach - My mom always served it with sour cream and lemon slices.
> And i still think it's delicious - and i've found new ways to eat it
- -
> such as
> many varieties of spinach salad, and also the Thai dish Phra Ram
(Rama
> Bathing) served with a lightly spiced coconut milk-peanut sauce.

Oooh - recipe?  I also love spinach, now that I know what it tastes
like when it doesn't come out of a can.  Plain sauted with a wee bit of
butter -- yum.  Raw in salads -- Yum.  But Spanakopita (that lovely
Greek spinach/feta/filo pie) is my favorite -- YUM!  Our local Greek
Orthodox church has a huge festival every year with lots of food and I
always try to eat there twice between Friday night and Sunday
afternoon.  And I bought THEIR church cookbook, so I can make my own
now!

- -- Harriet