SC - Hot water pie crust

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Aug 8 11:14:36 PDT 1999

  This is the way i make Dry Limas eatable.
   Soak overnight.
   Drain the water. Add enough fresh water to cover p 3 or more beef bullion
cubes  Or use a good beef stock as half of the liquid.
   Simmer on low heat for one hour.  Add 3 onions cut in medium chunks and a
ham hock or beef soup bone, use unsalted or reduced salt bullion cubs if
using ham hock
   Continue simmering and add herbs of your choice.  Cumin woks well as well
as black pepper and lots of garlic.
  Simmer until beans are soft and meat is done,  Add more herbs to taste.
You can add butter to the servings to toasty if the dish isn't flavored
enough.

Lady Katherine Mc