SC - grinding almonds oop

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Mon Aug 9 17:19:59 PDT 1999

When I am cooking creatively, I very seldom measure anything.  One thing I do
measure in savory dishes is the salt.  For most average size dishes, I add
one "Justin" of salt.
What is a "Justin"?  Well, it's a measurement my Cajun Mother taught me.  I
did not know of a name for it until I saw Justin Wilson, the Cajun Chef use
it in one of his TV shows:  So it became a "Justin" in our family.  Cup your
left palm, pour in enough salt to fill the hollow to the level experience
teaches you.  I've measured it many times, and it is always exactly 1 tsp.
Does anyone else have a reliable "hand" measurement that they use with
consistency?

Mordonna