SC - Cooking by "hand"

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Aug 10 04:42:20 PDT 1999

<<
Okay:  so what are some *romantic* foods--not raunchy, but romantic?

Sharing food is such an important part of our mating rituals, it must be a
holdover from days gone by when we proved our worth as providers and cooks
to our prospective mates. With the right person one could quite literally be
eating from sundown to sunup with nary a pause...

The evening begins with blackend fillet mignon's and grilled shrimp, usually
with Jambalaya as the side dish. I like spicy. =o) Red wine for the drink.
Dessert is chocolate covered strawberrys  (cherrys work well too). Chill
these in the fridge. Champagne is good with this but zinfandel will also do.
If you want to be more light hearted. Otter pops or Icee pops. (those frozen
koolaid flavored things in the plastic sticks that'll leave your mouth all
red or purple)
Should the evening continue, cut up a few oranges and cantaloupes and leave
them by the bed for later. the sliced oranges will fill the room with an
exotic aroma. ( a few cloves and sticks of cinnamin in a simmer pot will
highten the effect) cantaloupe is optional. I just like it. but it's best if
you choose something juicy that dribbles and drips when eaten.
Again for lighthearted moods. Edible bodypaints can be made from koolaid,
confectioners sugar and butter or shortning.  Honey is alot of fun too and
speaking of confectioners sugar, sift it to make it powdery, dust it on with
a feather (or a rose) then lick it off, and the human anatomy is just full
of intresting places that can serve for a bowl for an icecream sundae (eat
it quickly!). Also leave by the bed a pitcher of cold water. You may
appreciate this most of all.
Breakfast or brunch. My favorite is french toast or pancakes and lots of
orange juice. Bring it too her on a tray and share.

See? Food, food everywhere. Whether eating it, smelling it or just playing
with it, romance without food is like a fire without wood.

Happy eating,
Roberto Maroquin
Bjornsborg, Ansteorra