SC - re: sca-cooks V1 #1552

grasse@mscd.edu grasse at mscd.edu
Tue Aug 10 13:27:03 PDT 1999

Tyrca hollered something that sounded like:

>Just because Ras left for the war does not give you free rein to
>wreak you havoc on the sacred rock!  If you want bottles of
>scotch, go out in the yard and sell indulgences or something,
>you know, give people permission to "make up" recipes from
>unsubstaniated sources!

Ras doesn't play under the rock, and I don't like scotch anymore.  But
admittance will still cost you a bottle of bourbon.  Maintenance fees doncha
know.

>I was already inside here in the kitchen, making some apple peel
>and core drink syrup when you barged in and demanded bottles of
>scotch!

I did not!  I 'suggested' a bottle of bourbon as palm grease.

>I want you to know that I am not only a member of the Cooks
>list, but also a member of the Ironrose list, and I Hit Like a
>Girl!

Careful now, you know I like that kinda stuff...........

(ahem)
>Sorry, I got excited.  I wasn't really going to hit you, Puck,
>but as I don't drink alcohol at all, I didn't think it fair that
>you thought to charge admittance to our rock!

>(sniffle)

I zzzrrbbbtttt you for sniffling on the cooks list. :-)

Then the youngster chimed in with:

>Hey, I like it! How about an indulgence to claim a dish modernly
>composed of period ingredients that "they could have made" is period?
>You know, lobster thermidor or some such... .

Puckal indulgences are ok with me, but will cost TWO bottles of bourbon and
must be okayed individually by Papa.

>It occurs to me, though,
>that it's _possible_ Puck's geographical proximity to Margali's rock,
>one state away, may give him something of a legal edge in questons of
>custody. That is, if there's nobody closer. Elysant, are you out there
>are are you at th' Wa-uh? Possession being 9/10 etc.

Ever the bright one is our Adamantius ;-).  When the cats are away, Puck
shall play!  Margali and Elysant are off to Wa-uh.  amuk! amuk! AMUK!

>In truth, Lady, I believe that was for special accomodations, for which
>it is traditional to award a gratuity to the porter at an inn. A quiet
>table in the corner, not too near the band, etc.

I dint think it was so unreasonable....I had the hot tub all fired up for
them, sauna steaming, a highly qualified bartender (me!) on standby.....

>All right, Puck, she's gonna kick your ***. I advise you to give it up!

C'mon A, you know I give it up at the drop of a hat anyway, she doesn't have
to abuse me.........but that would make it ever so much nicer ;-)  <trying
to look demure>

Then Papa added:

>I think everyone should remember who owns that rock and lets you
>hide under it only by his good humor. I have a very large trebuchet
>lined up on that thing and if people get too out of hand you'll all
>have a nice hobbit hole to dig your way out of.

So, what wrong with hobbit holes?  And besides, I zzzrrrbbbtttt your
trebuchet.  Say, since we're granting indulgences (for a modest fee), I
hereby grant myself an indulgence making battleships period for the duration
of war.  I just happens to know where I can get my hands on a couple.  Papa,
I'll bet the USS Iowa against your trebuchet, and raise you the USS
Massachussetts.............  amuk! amuk! AMUK!

>Puck can guard one door but can he guard them all?

Silly Count, one needn't guard all the doors, one merely needs keep the keys
to the larder, the liquor cabinet, the wine cellar and the hot tub about
ones self and fret not about the doors.

>(You people make my head hurt.)

Sorry Papa :-(

whistling ever so innocently whilst looking smug at the same time, Puck