SC - Dumb question

Seton1355@aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Wed Aug 11 15:06:37 PDT 1999

- --- Mordonna22 at aol.com wrote:

> After what you have told me on this list, I do not
> think I shall have much of
> a problem documenting DuBosc for the SCA personna,
> however, finding more
> about my family tree may be a bit more difficult.
> Who knows, perhaps someone
> somewhere has written a detailed family history that
> can help me.  I have
> found reference to a book entitled "The Royal Line
> of Martin DuBosc" that
> sounds promising, if I can get my hands on it.
> Published by R.L.Bryan in the
> seventies, I think.  Haven't found a copy yet, but I
> am still looking.
>
> Mordonna

Mordonna,

I couldn't find a book by that title, but I did find
on called "DuBose genealogy : descendents of Isaac
Dubosc and wife, Suzanne Couillandeau, French Huguenot
refugees, who settled on the Santee River in South
Carolina about 1689", compiled by Dorothy Kelly
MacDowell.  Columbia, SC : Printed by R.L. Bryan Co.,
1972.  There is also a reprint published by D.K.
MacDowell in Aiken SC in 1981.  The Library of
Congress
has the only copy listed on RLIN.  There is also a 2v.
supplement to this, which is in the New York Public
Library.  Either try ILL [altho LC is very notorious
about not loaning things out ILL, but New York Public
shouldn't be] or try looking up Dorothy Kelly
MacDowell in Aiken South Carolina and talk to her
direct.

Good luck.  I hope that this helps.

Huette