SC - family values?

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Aug 12 11:00:58 PDT 1999

> If I didn't know better, I'd think it a habit of Americans to use the
> term "goulash" as synonymous with "hash", a mixture of chopped-up stuff.
> What's the deal, folks? Any insights?

My stepfather suddenly started using it for "casseroles" of things he'd
throw together; they did not religiously have to have mac, beef and
tomato-or-stock-based sauce, but seemed to be sort of hodge-podgy
leftovers.

I always assumed it was just a hi-falutin' term co-opted to make leftovers
more palatable.

Berengaria