SC - a person is chosen

Mary_HallSheahan@ademco.com Mary_HallSheahan at ademco.com
Fri Aug 13 13:47:44 PDT 1999

>Mystery #1
>2 c. flour
>1 t. soda
>1 t. salt
>1/2 c. shortening
>1 c. sugar
>2 eggs
>1 orange rind
>1 c. raisins

I think it interesting thast some think to combine with fat with the dry
ingredcients, then add the liquid in order to get a scone or rock cake type
cookie.  While others start with fat and liquid, then the dry ingredients to
get a more cake-like or cookie product.

>So far no one in our family has tried these yet.  Grandma was a
>wonderful baker, well known for her Christmas cookies.  My
>great-grandmother came to the United States from Finland (through Canada
>into Minnesota) in the late 1800s.

Drat!  I returned all those scandanavian cookbooks yesterday, two were
specifically baked goods and the others were packed full of baking other
than bread.  I would have started by hunting up recipes with similar
ingredient lists.

Bonne