SC - Greetings, my intro!

Phefner@aol.com Phefner at aol.com
Sat Aug 14 22:55:01 PDT 1999

Scully's redaction of Menagier's recipe from Early French Cookery:

Wafers  (makes about 30 4-inch round wafers)

(Imperial measure)

4 eggs
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp dessert wine
2-3 tsp oil or fat
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
1-2 tbsp sugar

Beat eggs lightly.
Whisk in salt, wine, oil and sugar.
Whisk in flour 1 tablespoon at a time until a smooth runny paste is reached.
Drop 1 tablespoon at a time onto a hot sandwich grill or Krumcake iron.
Close grill and press on lid.  Cook until lightly brown--about 1 minute.
Sprinkle with sugar.  Store in airtight container in cool, dry place until
needed.
Re-crisp in a low oven (275 F) before serving.

Bear