SC - Food Help!!!!

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Sun Aug 15 16:48:37 PDT 1999

>Does that have to be good sherry or will cooking sherry do?  And how long
>will it, so preserved, keep?
><<
> I peel it, cut it into moderate chunks (about the size of my thumb),
> and store it in a jar full of sherry. >>

I used cheap sherry that was intended for drinking (not "cooking wine"),
but still was only a couple dollars a bottle.
I don't know how long it will keep: I've been using and replenishing
regularly.  The oldest piece in the jar has probably been there a
year, maybe eighteen months.  Except that the older pieces are a
little darker in color, and smell more of wine, there doesn't
seem to be any adverse effect of leaving them there.
By the way, it's not in the fridge, just on a shelf in the kitchen.

(The garlic in vinegar *is* in the fridge.)

- --Caitlin D.