SC - Greetings, my intro!

Varju@aol.com Varju at aol.com
Sun Aug 15 20:02:02 PDT 1999

Jane Waks wrote:

> I used cheap sherry that was intended for drinking (not "cooking wine"),
> but still was only a couple dollars a bottle.

This is in keeping with the basic rule that says if you aren't willing
to drink a glass of the stuff, you probably don't want to be cooking
with it. Most wines specifically labelled for cooking are not only
atrocious, but also many of them are _seasoned_ with things like salt
and pepper, sometimes even MSG. Veddy veddy bad ju-ju, cooking sherry is.

Now cheep wine, on the other hand, can be quite good and useful, too!

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com