SC - A Dilemma on what to cook for Dinner-HELP!

Kekilpenny@aol.com Kekilpenny at aol.com
Mon Aug 16 12:34:38 PDT 1999

Lady Elisabeth of Pendarvis wrote:

> SOOOOO, my dilemma:  Do I cook a medieval dinner with meat for everyone and
> once again cook separately for the two vegetarians?  Do I cook a medieval or
> period-like dinner that is vegetarian (if so suggestions welcome)?

You might try doing a vegetarian main dish/thick pottage to which meat
can be added by the carnivores. An example would be joutes or porrey
(greens) cooked with butter or almond milk, without stock or smoked
meat, but with bacon or ham, or whatever, on the side. Another
possibility might be pease pottage done the same way, or cabbage. I
usually do lunches this way for events.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy