SC - Rock Cleaning

Karen tyrca at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 16 17:41:58 PDT 1999

I know that this is going at it the wrong way round but does anyone have
period reference to dill used in a plain rice dish.  I first ran into rice
served this way in an "Afghani" restaurant in Houston in the early 80s.   I
think that the place was located way out Westheimer short of Derry Ashford
but I may be confusing it with the "Balaika" a Russian Hungarian place.  Be
that as it may,  I've used it as part of a side dish of plain white rice,
saffron rice, and dill rice served side by side on a platter; white, yellow
and green.

Daniel Raoul