SC - gyngerbrede help

Ann Sasahara ariann at nmia.com
Mon Aug 16 20:43:01 PDT 1999

During the last four months, and with the help and permission of Cindy
Renfrow, I have been challanging my shire to cook more period food. To do
this, I sumitted a recipe, the original and Renfrow's modern version, but
not the redaction, from Thousand Eggs or More in the local newsletter with
the idea that shire members would bring their redactions to the next
populace meeting. While the meeting redactions have been low in number
(myself and another member who is really into cooking), I was pleasantly
surprised to find that the July recipe, Wardons in Syrup, was on the menu
for the feast at our event last Sat.! True, Dov looked up the recipe on
Renfrow's website and used her redaction, but it was actually on the menu.
It was the only recipe on the menu I could identify as an actual period
recipe (I am sure smoked chicken and smoked pork are period, but I'm not for
sure if it was a period or period-like recipe that they were using)

There may be hope for this shire yet!

Beatrix