SC - "Chocolate in a Period Form"

UnruhBays, Melanie A UnruhBays.Melanie.A at tci.com
Tue Aug 17 11:34:00 PDT 1999

I want warmly recommend Carole Lamberts new book, "Fetes Gourmandes au
Moyen Age". I got it today from France and its a wonderful fine arts
book with great photos from period utensils and artefacts, plus ten or
fifteen recipes from Taillevent, Menagier du Paris and other French
books. The recipes are reproduced facsimilar, translated later to modern
French and a modern adapted recipe is given too, plus comments about the
dietary uses at that time. A really enjoyable book!
Is it someone who can give me a hint where can I find a copy from
Lamberts book "Du manuscript a la table". Its not available in Amazon
and not either in the French online bookstore I used. By the way, do
some know how Lambert is? Is she a trustworthy source? The only I know
she is a Middle Age scholar in  a university in Canada.
Does someone know any adress to any online bookstore in Canada?
For Frenchspeaking too: Libraire Gourmande, in Paris, have at last got
their online cathalog on the net. Great books and great cathalog.
The URL is http://www.librairie-gourmande.fr/
Regards
Ana
- --