SC - Shrewsbury Cakes

Sheina Yeheskal sheina at barak-online.net
Tue Aug 17 20:32:55 PDT 1999

Matilda Prevost-Hart wrote:

> I'm sure someone in the US has already asked this...
>
> re: the polenta recipe --
>
> I can do a liter of water.
> I haven't a clue how much 200 grams of polenta is, nor what grind of
> cornmeal to use. HELP.
> Regards,
>
> Mathilda du Neige
> mka Matilda Prevost-Hart

That would be 6 and 2/3 ounces of cornmeal; I'm pretty sure polenta
cornmeal is rather fine compared to the standard US cornmeal. (I've
always used ordinary cornmeal, which works reasonably well, but lacking
a point of reference I can't be sure) At a guess I'd say a generous 1
1/2 cups.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy