SC - FW: Fields of Gold information

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Wed Aug 18 08:08:36 PDT 1999

<snip>

>>, But I say that Spain landed in the new world in
> > 1492, and if you found Chocolate, would you share?????
>
> I respond...yes, I certainly would. Would you recognize what I shared
(i.e. what I found in 1492) as chocolate? Will your judges? > I doubt it.

Yes, my first thought was "I'm not sure I would have found it delectable
enough to bring home". Besides, I don't think Columbus found chocolate. He
never saw the Incas.
Once again, I see this as a case of "adjusting" history to fit one's
desires.
A lot depends on the intention of the contest *as the judges* see it.

<snip>

>On the other hand, I'm glad I won't be able to judge at this; it seems like
a glorious opportunity for potential bad taste. I wonder >how many Chocolate
Raspberry Mint Cream cordials will be entered?

> Adamantius

(that's the distant sounds of screaming you hear...)
Unfortunately I won't be able to be there, so I won't be able to report
back. (Curse that sense of responsibility! I promised to do a software
installation this weekend, so at work I'll be...)
It's OK, I suppose. I generally simply choose not to participate in such
activities. Leading by example makes a lot fewer enemies than self-righteous
preaching.

Maredudd