SC - FW: Fields of Gold information

Wajdi a14h at zebra.net
Wed Aug 18 08:35:05 PDT 1999

> > Sorry for the rant.
> >
> > Yers,
> >
> > Gunthar
> > (Calming down with a nice cup of period coffee. Hey, I declared it period
> > so
> > there!)
> >
> Unfortunately, Lord Random didn't hear the rant.
>
> As for the coffee, I can prove it's period.  I can make a decent case for
> wide-spread, but limited use prior to the late 15th Century (based on the
> Sufist connection).  I can even put it into Late Rennaisance Italy.  I just
> can't place it in Medieval Europe.
>
> However, since you appear to be speaking "ex cathedra," your determination
> that coffee is period is duly noted.
>
> Bear

I'm late period, and I can make a case for my own self having had contact
with late Renaissance Italy; in fact, I chose a late period persona pre-
cisely because coffee was tangentially around, and there was more docu-
mentation for my two big interests, dance and cooking.

In any event, we're not at an event!  let's all go have some and return
to our terminals, shall we?

Berengaria