SC - FW: Fields of Gold information

Mary_HallSheahan@ademco.com Mary_HallSheahan at ademco.com
Wed Aug 18 08:53:43 PDT 1999

"<snip>
This Tasting is designed to bring out the Grandiose.  Many would argue that
Chocolate is not period, But I say that Spain landed in the new world in
1492, and if you found Chocolate, would you share?????  This is a display
contest designed around the premise "To the most decadent (with a period
flair) go the Spoils"  Imagination definitely counts, and be not shy with
thy presentation......
"

Okay so chocolate is being treated whisically by the autocrats because they
love it.  So you local food-history buffs do the same with what YOU
love--make it seriously but do the PRESENTATION whimsically.

Brew up your cacao-water in its bitter intensity--and have fun with the
presentation.  Perhaps down on one knee offering this new delicacy to your
significant other, or the crown, or the autocrat.  Present it by
proclaiming whatever good was really said about it before 1600.  (I have no
idea but I'll guess--reputed to be an aphrodisiac or a stimulant perhaps??)

After all, the Spanish have a romantic reputation that could certainly be
translated as "decadent".  And they're the only ones who had it!

Emme