SC - "Chocolate in a Period Form"

Holliday, Rachel {DISC~Welwyn} RACHEL.HOLLIDAY at roche.com
Thu Aug 19 03:29:57 PDT 1999

In a message dated 08/18/1999 4:47:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

<<
 I would recommend reading Pomp and Sustenance, a cookbook of Sicilian
 cooking.

 Bear >>
    Ah, *that's* the name! I was blanking entirely. Lovely book, with lots of
interesting info--but no really well documented period recipes. Closest I
remember is an eggplant dish purported to be from the 1500s (?), with the
eggplant sliced in half, removed from the skin, cooked and mashed, seasoned,
and replaced in the (Sautéed) shells, and drizzled with honey before serving.
Made the dish a time or two, but it's been a while, so I may have forgotten a
lot of details........... ;-)

                Ldy Diana