SC - Chocolate..Period or not...

Thu Aug 19 08:33:56 PDT 1999

> Nothing too important here, but I just had an experience I thought worth sharing...
>
> It was a glorious time-travel experience. We already have several local
> choices for buying fresh Asian produce and groceries, but this was
> something different: a spontaneous open-air market that erupted on an
> otherwise quiet, tree-lined side street.

<Groovy stuff snipped>

> Adamantius

Thank you, Master A, for some wonderful visuals and a reminder of how little
I know of different cultures. But this also prompted me to tell of my own
good fortune. My life has kind of turned upside down lately and I am moving
into a new apartment.  It's a neat little place and just right for one person but
the real cool thing is that I'm in the middle of several different ethnic
neighborhoods.
I'm right next to one of the largest Asian markets in Dallas with noodle shops and
acupuncture clinics alongside. Just down the street are Mexican markets and
seafood houses, a Vietnamese French bakery, Korean restaurants, and one of
the best dim sum/vietnamese places around.  About three miles away is an all-you
can-eat Chinese restaurant that has the most extensive selection I've ever
seen. You can get Italian spaghetti, roast beef, and the usual chinese dishes
along with roasted squid, braised fish heads, tripe, and assorted filled buns just
as an example.

Although I'm not the expert many of the list members are in other cuisines
I think I'm going to have some fun exploring.

Yers,

Gunthar