SC - gilding the goose?

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Thu Aug 19 21:23:50 PDT 1999

   I am cooking a goose for an upcoming shire gathering and other than the
standard recipes( ie. Plein Delit cookbook etc.)I wanted to do something
quite snazzy but short of refeathering the goose after it was cooked (a
period practice from what I read) Is there a something with which you can
"gild" or make golden looking a cooked goose? I'm sure I have read this
somewhere but for the life of me can't find it.
I would appreciate any and all advice on this matter.

Boudicca