SC - Making Period "Barrels" for serving at Feasts

Mary_HallSheahan@ademco.com Mary_HallSheahan at ademco.com
Fri Aug 20 12:56:06 PDT 1999

Last year some time I was fortunate enough to see an old Julia Child cooking
show from the 60's  (on tv)  she was welding a larding needle  (those things
need to be liscenced) and she showed viewers how to lard the meat!!!   Well,
I'm glad I saw it.... it was truly amazing!!
Phillipa

<<
 Explore the medieval practice of larding meat before cooking.  This was
 usuallu accomplished by threading bits of pork fat into the meat before
 cooking.  It's a practice still used today for tough or dry game meats. >>