SC - Off-topic - B5 Cookbook

HICKS, MELISSA HICKS_M at casa.gov.au
Sun Aug 22 15:42:39 PDT 1999

Rumpolt on rabbit #7; roughly:
'Roasted kidneys from rabbits. You must catch a lot of rabbits before
you get a good dish. You can prepare them black, yellow, brown or with
onions that are strained through a _Haartuch_, like one usually prepares
a pike in a Polish manner.'

The original transcriptions of some 30 recipes in German:
http://www.uni-giessen.de/~g909/rumphase.htm
http://www.uni-giessen.de/~g909/rumpkuen.htm
Thanks to Gwen Cat !

Note, that recipe #7 is rather an enumeration of possible preparations,
that are described elsewhere. At present, I am preparing a talk on the
language and the textual structure of recipes 1350-1800; if there is
anything I should not forget, please let me know (off list).

Enjoy,
Thomas