SC - gilding the goose?

April Abbott orlando at rogues.net
Thu Aug 26 07:51:20 PDT 1999

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/25/99 4:40:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> nn3_shay at yahoo.com writes:
>
> << So where does one find food-safe feathers? >>
>
> I use goose feathers. They can be washed in warm soapy water, dried and then
> restored by pulling them through your fingers.
>
> Ras

Makes sense. For those without regular access to geese, you can buy
feather brushes at various pastry and confectioner supply shops. They
would presumably be guaranteed food-safe.

As long as it's completely clean rinsed, what you use as a
cleaner/solvent shouldn't have much effect on the feather; its capacity
for sticking its little tines together is structural, not chemical.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com