SC - Danish cookbook

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Aug 27 04:55:29 PDT 1999

Stefan wrote:

>Well, I started out putting the comments and recipe for the bread in the
>bread-msg file. However, since the table of contents has now been given
>and hopefully will be followed with some more translated recipes, I've
>decided to create a new file just for this. I don't have a file name for
>this yet, though.

Yes, and then there is the Harpestreng-manuscript - or manuscripts, rather,
since I now have all three versions - which I had said I would translate.
Hmm. Now the question is where to begin - and how to make it available to
you. Should I post everything to the list, or what? Any suggestions, or
comments?

>  (Interesting. Nanna's last name gets garbled when I see it in the From:
>line of my digest, but when quoted like it was here by Anne, it comes
>through just fine. I thought my problem was a character set thing, but
>that is apparently not the case.)

I have a mailing list of my own at ONElist and my last name is just as
garbled in the From: line of my posts there. Any Icelandic characters I use
in the body of the message are OK, though. I´ve just refused to change the
spelling of my name to Rognvaldardottir to accommodate some dumb computers
who don´t understand it ...

Nanna

(could have been worse, though - at least people don´t have problems with my
first name, they can even pronounce it. My son Hjalti says I´ve completely
destroyed all his chances of an international modeling career (ha, ha) by
saddling him with a name no one outside Iceland can pronounce correctly.)