SC - I need a name...

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 18:08:17 PDT 1999

In a message dated 8/27/1999 10:52:21 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
cclark at vicon.net writes:

<<
 - A revised version of a written work that brings it into conformity with
 some standardized format.>>

This is exactly what I mean when I use the word redaction.  I do not change
the original, or if I do it is only minimally due to unavailability of period
ingredients.  I do however attempt to put the recipe into a more modern
format (i.e. I use modern measurements, and I add cooking times when
appropriate.)  I also often add an ingredients list because that is the
recipe format most modern cooks recognize.

Mordonna