SC - OT- Slugdom

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sat Aug 28 13:56:36 PDT 1999

In a message dated 8/28/99 12:44:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ddfr at best.com
writes:

<< Perhaps one reason it was dry was that you were using breasts, which, to my
 taste, are considerably drier than dark meat. As a general rule, if a
 recipe doesn't turn out right one of the first things to look is how you
 have changed it from the original.>>

Agreed. I used a chicken with bones in. It was incredibly moist and
succulent, not to mention the wonderful treat of marrow in the bones.

<< Incidentally, I find all of the crust to be edible, especially the bottom
 part, which has soaked in the fat and juices.>>

One of the best parts of the dish. :-) Unless a person is continuously going
to events weekend after weekend, there is no real reason to be concerned
about fat, cholesterol, calories or the other medical fads of the current
middle ages. The amount eaten would be insignificant in the long run. The
best thing is to put aside the yuppie medical manual at a feast and enjoy
real food for a change.

<< David/Cariadoc >>

Ras