SC - uses for leftover almond crumbs?

Tollhase1@aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Sun Aug 29 06:50:44 PDT 1999

In a message dated 8/29/99 1:29:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time, cclark at vicon.net
writes:

<< What I do with them is cookies. A bunch of leftover ground almonds, some
 butter, some sugar, optional eggs, a little spice and salt, perhaps a few
 drops of almond extract and/or vanilla, and flour. They can have some
 chopped nuts added, or pecan halves on top.

 Thanks for reminding me; I've still got some sitting in the freezer.

 Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon >>

And fine cookies they are too! I had the pleasure of tasting Henry's cookies
at the Blackstone Raid a few years ago. He and I had entered the Dessert
contest and when the Baron/Baroness was judging the entries, one of his
cookies accidentally broke and landed in the Cheryon I had entered. The
Baron/ess scooped up the cherry mixture with cookie and pronounced the
combinations wonderful. Henry and I were both declared the first place
winners regardless of the fact we were the only entrants. Because only one
first prize was available, the Baron took a sterling silver ankh off his
person and each of us were presented with a bauble. It was that experience
and some very good advice from Henry about my Cheryon effort that opened up
the world of period sweet dishes to me. I don't think I ever thanked him for
that so thanks, Henry. :-)

Ras