SC - Estrella War XVI: Cooks invitation

Deborah Schumacher chicagojo at uswest.net
Sun Aug 29 11:49:24 PDT 1999

Stir it into a stew, or a soup, let dry and sprinkle over a salad, put
through a blender with enough water to make a second running and use it
to cook rice or barley, or even veggies.  Some  of our recipes call for
things to be cooked in a second running, the first saved for mixing into
the finished dish.

When mine goes through the blender, I get a thick, only slightly coarse
milk.  Unless it specifically says to strain because it wants clarity, I
often use the whole thing.  They were perfectly capable of producing a
paste consistency even finer than my blender can do.

Henry of Maldon gives us his cookie usage.  If you had a huge amount at a
feast, making up this cookie dough and handing it to the Children's
Activities co-ordinator could give our little darlings a great time
making cookie shapes--hey, metalworkers! how about some medieval themed
cookie cutters?--provided that you had the oven space to let the cookies
bake.  A plate of the best for High Table, presented by the children, and
the not-so-perfect ones a good snack for the kiddies in mid-afternoon.

Failing that, go ahead and strain, throw the 'refuse' into a ziplock bag,
take home and make a delicous soothing baked custard.  Put up feet, and
relax.

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA