SC - Polish wafer recipe (long)

Tollhase1@aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Mon Aug 30 05:33:32 PDT 1999

Christine A Seelye-King wrote, after some talk of stucky nuts:

> So, something approaching nut brittle?  Or closer to candied almonds?
> Christianna
> politely avoiding all references to sticky nuts

I'd think more nuts, less syrup, than for brittle, but a cohesive mass.
It should look something like the surface of pecan pie, but drier, and
obviously without the additional ingredients. As I say, like rice
crispies squares.

> Say, here's an interesting tidbit from the Natural Foods class I teach.
> The class literature came with the definition for nut being the dried
> fruit of a tree.  That really doesn't say it, though, because that could
> be describing a dried apple or pear.  The definition I came up with said
> "a dry fruit consisting of a kernel or seed enclosed in a woody shell."
> (Funk & Wagnalls)

Hmmmm. Nuts technically aren't fruit; how to distinguish them from other
seeds? The fleshy seed of a tree, enclosed in a woody shell?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com