SC - Re: "Interpretation" vs. "Redaction"

RuddR@aol.com RuddR at aol.com
Mon Aug 30 19:16:59 PDT 1999

My good lord husband recently gifted me with the book SEVEN CENTURIES OF
ENGLISH COOKING: A Collection of Recipes by Maxime de la Falaise.
This is from the back of the book.
Phillipa

CUBEBS
A mixture of black peper and alspice can replace the taste of cubebs.

SAUNDERS
A red coloring made from powdered sandal wood.  Use of cochineal, carmine, or
red food coloring.   I don't like any of these options.

POUDER-FORTE
A mixture of dried chives, mace and pepper

POWDER DOUCE
A blend of ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and peper