SC - Slugdom Feasting

swbro@mail.telis.org swbro at mail.telis.org
Tue Aug 31 17:19:24 PDT 1999

Greetings all,

Maredudd said:
> On the other hand, he might be able to make money with it! *I'd* pay money
> for a program that would do everything Mastercook can do, but better. For
> example, adding ingredient amounts and *then* converting them to the
> larger
> measure, and extending the room available for notes, which is where I
> prefer
> to put original recipes, but they're often too long. Maybe a additional
> tab
> for originals. You know, things that would be especially useful for people
> like us.
> Maredudd

OK nuts and bolts.  My Hubby (Lord Drake Morgan) is writing an Access
database whereby the original recipes and the English translations and the
modern "redactions" are all listed separately but linked to each other.
i.e. you can bring up an original and have a button to press to bring up the
various redactions or translations etc.

As to the multiplying and converting ingredient amounts, I assume you mean
changing 100 tsp. to 25 Tbs. or can Tbs. be converted to cups?  And we would
have to specify English vs. American measurements because they convert up
differently i.e. (i.e. American 3 tsp. = 1 Tbs. while English 4 tsp. = 1
Tbs.).

I don't think that cups or Tbs. could be safely converted to grams or ounces
- - could they?

Anything else we should think of?

I can take this private if this isn't quite appropriate to the list.

Thanks
Meliora.