SC - [Fwd: Feast of the Lamb]

Tollhase1@aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Tue Aug 31 19:19:07 PDT 1999

No, not Scully's translation.  I don't have the book with me at work, so I
can't give you the translator's name.  From the foreword, it was published
at about the same time.  I bought it a couple of years ago, one of my first
cooking books.  It is a small paperback, without a lot of background
information, mostly just translations of the recipes. As I recall, one of
the spice mixtures are buried inside the instructions for making Hippocras.

Eleanor

> Would that be Terence Scully, one of Le Viandier's translators? >AFAIK,
Taillevent doesn't include the recipes for those mixtures, >although Le
Menagier (largely dervied from Taillevent) does include a >fine spice powder
recipe. And Scully is probably pretty reliable.