SC - SPICES

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Aug 31 23:53:49 PDT 1999

In a message dated 8/31/1999 6:43:05 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
LrdRas at aol.com writes:

<<
 Since most Americans use American measures then American it should be with
an
 option to use British >>

I think you may be assuming something, here, Sweet Prince of the Desert.
Americans are definitely not the only cooks in the world.  How many cooks do
we have on this list who were not born in this country and did not grow up
using American Standard Weights?

You did however voice my concern with the mass vs volume measurements,
though.  I have no idea what 4 oz of flour LOOKS like.  Since I don't bake, I
do almost all my measuring by hand.  A recipe that uses uses mass
measurements is difficult for me, because I have to actually measure
everything.  If a recipe has only mass measurements in it, I seldom go beyond
simply reading over it, I am reluctant to actually try it

Mordonna