Northern Foods was Re: SV: SC - Introducing Myself

Ana L. Valdés agora at algonet.se
Tue Aug 3 16:53:56 PDT 1999

> Hi people, the answer to the two questions is not easy. The origin of the
> "smörgåsbord" seems lost in the beginning of time. Nobody could answer me
> about a special century.

About the bread, remember, in Sweden the bread was baked with rye and not with
wheat. Rye don´t become stale. The "knäckebröd", the flat bread with holes in
the mitten, was hanged from the roof to avoid being eaten by rodents or insects.

I have myself stored this kind of bread for almost a year and the bread is still
good to eat.

ana