SC - Harpestrengs-manuscript: Was: Re: Northern Foods

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Aug 7 06:55:51 PDT 1999

Robin Carroll-Mann wrote:

> With respect, Master A., I'm afraid that it's a start that wouldn't go
> anywhere.  The Reader's Guide does not usually index scholarly
> journals and publications.  It's meant to be an index to periodicals of the
> sort that are carried by public and school libraries.  However, the article
> by Skaarup (in _Du Manuscrit a la table_) is nicely footnoted, and
> contains the following citation:
>
> Grewe, Rudulf, "An Early 13th Century Northern-European Cookbook" in
> _Current Research in Culinary History: Sources, Topics and Methods
> (Proceedings of the Conference sponsored by the Schlesinger Library of
> Radcliffe College and the Culinary Historians of Boston)_, Culinary
> Historians of Boston, 1986, pp. 27-45.

All right, I'll go with that. I only know I have it, and obtained it
through interlibrary loan. Obviously since I have it, my means must have
been successful, whatever they were. I just don't remember, except that
I've had this long before I got "Du Manuscrit a la table".

So much for this reconstructing the past thing ;  ) .

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com