SC - Lima beans and Puff the cat

JEANNE STAPLETON jstaplet at du.edu
Mon Aug 9 10:22:14 PDT 1999

> > > I'm with you!  I rate lima beans as a non-food item.  My
> > > household
> > > divides itself into branches over lima beans.
>
> A comment from Annora:
>
> Let me tell you a story. Once upon a time, House de Montfort was a close
> and loving family living in Oertha (mundanely Alaska). While the family
> banyon tree had odd branches, they were fairly well defined, usually by
> food. Coke vs Pepsi, Mayonaise vs Miracle Whip, Lima beans-edible vs
> inedible. I, Annora, fell into the Coke, Mayo and edible branch and
> Barengaria fell into the inedible (at minimum) branch.

Pepsi, Mayo, inedible.

That's my branch and I'm stickin' to it.

Well, early in a
> cold December, my 30th birthday arrived. Not a milestone I was happy to
> see, but one I had hoped to celebrate with my (loving?) husband. He got
> snowed in on an island while deer hunting and that left me crabby and alone
> on the big day. That evening, as I settled in to a TV dinner with my cat,
> the doorbell rang. On my doorstep were 3 cousins, the "A" team. Aelfwyn,
> Alicianne, and Antadina (Berengaria in her original incarnation ). To cheer
> me up, they brought with them the ingredients for daquiris...lima bean
> daquiris ! And as it turned out, various fruits too and a birthday cake. It
> made for a very memorable birthday, now over a decade in the past.
>
> Annora de Montfort of Shadowood
> Eskalya, Oertha, West

We are happy to provide lima bean daiquiri service, for a modest fee,
to any snowed-in special occasion.

At least she didn't tell you about the time we ran up to the convenience
store during the blizzard and I jumped in the wrong car that looked a
lot like hers but had a surprised-looking man sitting in the driver's
seat...

Berengaria