SC - Thamesreach Culinary Guild event

Mary_HallSheahan at ademco.com Mary_HallSheahan at ademco.com
Tue Aug 10 06:24:44 PDT 1999

Sounds delicious and well-planned and I wish I could have been there!

Regarding the horseradish, and remembering that I've not seen your
receipt...could it have been originally intended that people eat the
horseradish greens not the root?  I know that horseradish greens are
supposed to be tasty, no?  (I'm kind of thinking about beets and making a
wild coffee-break leap here, because they were originally cultivated for
their greens--the huge bulbous bottoms we see now are a recent phenomenon.)

Although other forms of huge bulbous bottoms were actually better
appreciated in period than in this century  ;)  (Quickly hunting for that
large rock I keep hearing about...)

Days behind in my reading, forgive me.
Lady Emme