SC - Cooking by "hand"

Weaver8002 at aol.com Weaver8002 at aol.com
Tue Aug 10 19:01:16 PDT 1999

In a message dated 8/10/99 1:02:58 PM EST, troy at asan.com writes:

<< Laura C Minnick wrote:

 > On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:
 >
 > > I think my favorite thing to watch in this regard was either Julia Child
 > > or Graham Kerr (in early incarnations) measuring various (usually
 > > alcoholic) liquids by glugs.
 >
 > That would be Graham Kerr. Awfully funny to watch, especially as he got
 > more drunk during the course the the program. I still remember the day
 > that he was grating chocolate and getting down to the last nub, so he
 > grabbed it up in his tie and continues grating... I have one of his early
 > cookbooks on my shelf. Scary from a fat/cholesterol standpoint, but yummy
 > food.

 Actually, both of them did it. Although undeniably talented, Julia Child
 is a rather peculiar lady, and I've seen her, clearly sloshed, measuring
 by glugs on the air...even live once or twice.

 Graham Kerr generally is more fun, though, even now...

 Adamantius >>

Did you guys catch them on PBS, duking it out over a duck during guilt week a
couple of years ago?  It was so funny.  I've got to see if I can find that
tape.

Margherita the Weaver