SC - Romantic Foods

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Aug 10 20:58:27 PDT 1999

"James F. Johnson" wrote:

> Philip & Susan Troy wrote:
>
> > Seen 'em all, but I think my new favorite is "Big Night". I'm been
> > searching for any documented widespread existence of the baked pasta pie
> > seen therein, and come up blank so far.
>
> The tympano? Seems to me I came across it in a modern cookbook once.
> I'll see if I can find it again.

That's the one. If you have a reference proving it isn't merely some
fantasy of Stanley Tucci's, I'd be eternally grateful, and might even
manage to get you a chunk of tympano...it looks magnificent, doesn't it?

Oh, another notable food-related movie, but perhaps nearly unwatchable
compared to the others, would be,"The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her
Lover". It's not that it's an awful movie or anything, it's just,
well... .

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy