SC - A Dilemma on what to cook for Dinner-HELP!

ana l. valdes agora at algonet.se
Mon Aug 16 12:24:24 PDT 1999

I can give you a recipe I took from the Code Romanoff, atributed to
Leonardo da Vinci.
It was polenta (cornflour) with mushrooms, zucchini and a lot of basel
and nuts and garlic.
If you are interested, I can try to translate it.
It was cheap, plenty to fill a lot of empty bellies and very easy to do.
And wonderful good.
Ana

Lady Elisabeth of Pendarvis skrev:

> I have a cooking dilemma, and am sending to list for help.
> I leave for Pennsic on Wed.  I am cooking for the house on Friday (15 plus 3
> guests, so 18 people-hey I can add)
> My dilemma-searching through my medieval cookbooks and on the web, I was
> trying to come up with something simple yet filling and easy, then come up
> with a separate main dish for myself and one of the guests, who is a
> vegetarian.
> My other half Peter suggested this: "You are the cook.  You are a
> vegetarian.  Every time you cook for the house, you end up making a
> vegetarian separate dish for you and I since we are the only vegtarians.
> WHY DON'T you just COOK VEGETARIAN FOR EVERYONE? it's not like the other 2
> people who cook within our house ever bother to offer a vegetarian version
> for you or I, and we end up on our own anyways, which I think is rude .
> .since they have NEVER known us NOT to be vegetarians, but they ALWAYS SAY I
> FORGOT."
> To which my mind said-ya know, not a bad idea.  But maybe I am not looking
> in the right place, for I didn't see any medieval vegetarian main dishes
> that appealed to me to cook out at Pennsic.
> SOOOOO, my dilemma:  Do I cook a medieval dinner with meat for everyone and
> once again cook separately for the two vegetarians?  Do I cook a medieval or
> period-like dinner that is vegetarian (if so suggestions welcome)?  I am
> hoping for something simple, since I am recovering from a back injury and
> still going to Pennsic anyways . . .better living through chemistry .
> .happiness is my perkaset . .
> Lady Elisabeth of Pendarvis
> Barony of Caer Anterth Mawr
> Principality of Northshield