SC - A Dilemma on what to cook for Dinner-HELP!

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Aug 16 14:40:12 PDT 1999

Bonne of Traquair wrote:

> Yes.  You are the cook, you are a vegetarian, and there's lots of stuff out
> there, with eggs or cheese or dairy.  And another range of dishes involving
> beans.
>
> >You might try doing a vegetarian main dish/thick pottage to which meat
> >can be added by the carnivores.
>
> That's the ticket if you really don't want to have them bothered and
> stressing over the lack of meat.  The meat to be added should be as simple
> and trouble free for you as possible.  Cook up some meat with onions and
> mushroom, make a little gravy and freeze it.  By the day you are cooking, it
> ought to be still ice crystally, just heat it to boiling.
>
> I know you said they are your household, but given their persistent
> forgetfulness, perhaps you should find someone else to work out a meal plan
> with. You and your spouse are getting a bad deal, chipping in to feed the
> group, but still having to feed yourselves.
>
> Bonne

Bonne is right, of course. I wasn't addressing the political aspects of
the situation, just presenting a relatively expedient solution. To look
at this from another angle, when others cook for the same large
household/group, how do _they_ accomodate the two vegetarians?

Not that this changes my suggestion, ultimately... ;  )

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com